INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES
1. Candidates shall read the Prospectus carefully before filling in the application.
2. For admission to PG Courses, a candidate must have passed the 3 years degree courses (under the 10+2+3 pattern) recognised by the University of Madras as equivalent thereto. The candidate should possess an Undergraduate degree (in any discipline, example Arts/Science/Commerce/Engineering/Other Degrees) from any recognised university and the eligibility would be based on the norms prescribed by the University of Madras .
3. The selection process consists of Entrance test, Group discussion, and an Interview. The entrance test is of Objective type for 50 marks. It would focus on General Knowledge, Test of English, Numerical ability/Quantitative Aptitude, Indian Society and Management. All the candidates should go through these three processes to be considered eligible for admission to MSW (HR).
4. Attested copies of mark statements of the qualifying examination shall be submitted along with the filled-in application form at the time of Interview. However, the applicants who will appear for the final semester examinations during 2020 shall submit the application form along with the attested mark statements up to Five/seven Semesters.The final semester mark statement shall be sent within 7 days after the publication of results of U.G. Examinations by the University of Madras.
5. For calculating Percentage of Final Marks in the Qualifying examination, marks in Part III (Major, Allied/ Ancillary) alone shall be taken into consideration.
6. The candidates who have passed their qualifying examination from other Universities shall obtain the eligibility certificate from the University of Madras and submit the same at the time of admission to the Course of study.
7. While calculating percentages during CGPA conversion, the candidate should do conversion of grades based on the guidelines prescribed by their college of study and attach proof for the same.(Eg: Mark sheet where the scores for grade conversion is indicated).
8. Candidates who are awaiting results should mention RA (Results Awaited) in the percentage column.
9. Application form must be in the prescribed format only.
10. Application forms with errors, inadequate information, or incomplete information would lead to disqualification. Incomplete Applications will be rejected without any intimation.
11. The P.G. Department of Social Work at D.G.Vaishnav college offers Human Resource Management as the Specialisation.
12. For Admission to MSW, working knowledge in Tamil is mandatory.
13. The Last date for receipt of filled in Applications shall be TEN days from the date of publication of the U.G. Results of the relevant subject by the University of Madras.
Candidates are encouraged to apply now and get the verification done before the entrance test.
14. Further communication regarding admission will be communicate to your registered email id only.
At the time of Admission (Provisional) the following certificates need to be produced in Original.
1. Degree/ Provisional certificate of UG.
2. Total Consolidated Mark list along with Individual mark sheets of all semesters of UG.
3. Community Certificate.
4. Transfer Certificate.
5. Conduct Certificate.
6. Eligibility Certificate from University of Madras, for students from other Universities.
7. Certificates of Sports/Extra Curricular/Co curricular Activities, if any.
8. Certificate of proof when admission is sought under some special quota/ concessions like Differently Abled, Sports Quota/ NCC/Ex Servicemen/NSS/Red ribbon club, etc.
For Further details contact the Department of Social Work, II Floor, School of Management, D.G. Vaishnav College. Mail Id: [email protected]
1. Candidates are requested to submit the hardcopy of the filled in Application form at the Department of Social Work, along with 2 copies of all the attested certificates at the time of interview.
2. The Candidate would be intimated about the date of interview over phone.
3. The date for Entrance & Group discussion would be intimated through SMS and Email.
2.Application cost is Rs.500.